Saturday, January 7, 2012

1/6–Lots of fun outside

Yesterday’s decluttering task was to go through and throw out the expired spices. I think I tossed 3/4 of the spices I had – and that was a good 25+ jars. Some were from 2004! I feel better without them! The spice racks were getting too full anyhow. If we need them in a future recipe, we’ll buy a new container.

The other task was to organize all the canned food onto one shelf. That was pretty much done already so I skipped that task.

Today was a busy day. I think most of them are anymore. I’m so busy at work that I feel overwhelmed most of the time.

After the kids were out of school today I took the boys outside into the cul-de-sac across the street and let them run around. Everyone was clamoring to ride the kid’s rip rider 360 bikes that the kids actually almost fight over them. I have to be the police out there and make sure people are taking turns.

I took these photos while I was outside today with Justin and Joey. Joey isn’t in these photos because he didn’t stay outside long.

Check my photo challenge blog to the left (see the link).

IMG_9424Today’s photo was something that makes you smile. When I saw Justin walking our neighbor’s dog, Mia, I knew this was the moment I was waiting for.

IMG_9432Everyone was gathered on Justin’s Rip Rider 360. Sam was holding the dog and Justin was bent over Sam holding onto the handlebars. I love how this photo turned out. Everyone is happy and having fun. That is how childhood should be!

IMG_9435Justin

IMG_9436Neighbor’s daughter walking Mia

IMG_9443Neighbor on the Rip Rider

IMG_9444Justin trying out this board called the ‘Spooner’

IMG_9446Grandma Char sent a package for the boys and it included these two cute little guys. Joey thought they were ‘sooo cute'.

2012-01-06_08-56-56_727Have I mentioned how warm it has been lately? I love this pic above because it shows the sun shining down. I love the warmth. 

2012-01-06_14-39-34_164I heard on the weather channel yesterday 22 locations smashed their all time high records, including Dallas. I assume Dallas smashed ours for today, too. Our high got to be 73 according to my Radio. See below?? Top middle, says 73 degrees!

2012-01-06_09-04-26_269I love this new song – See no More by Joe Jonas. Now hell may freeze over because I never thought I would like the ‘Jonas Brothers’ but I like this song a lot, and so do the boys.

Went to Vicki’s tonight to watch the Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle. These are two of my two favorite shows and they just came back on this week.

No comments: