Monday, January 2, 2012

1/1–Welcome 2012

My goal for 2011 was to finally catch up and finish 2011 blogging. I was MONTHS behind. I hardly wrote anything and mostly just showcased photos. I missed doing my journaling. I love to pour my heart and thoughts out here. I needed to finally catch up.

I think one of the reasons I got behind was it was such a pain to get the photos off my phone to add to my blog posts. I found a new application called DROPSYNC which will sync your photos to a website called dropbox, and then you can setup dropbox on your home pc and it will download the photos from their website to your own hard drive. I never have to pop my sd card out of my photo to transfer photos anymore. It is done all automatically. I LOVE THIS!

For instance, today I pulled down my blog books from our book shelf. I used to create a book for the years 2005 and 2006 from this blog and had them bound into a book.

2012-01-01_14-40-55_457These photos I took this afternoon and already are on my home pc so I can add them to my blog. Anyhow, one of my goals this year is to make 2007, and maybe 2008 books to add to my collection.

2012-01-01_14-43-08_94For instance, I was looking through the 2006 book and we were announcing our pregnancy this time in 2006 as I was pregnant with Justin. Crazy how time flies!

So this year I really would like to get those books done. I really like the two books I did already. It’s good to have our lives documented. I can’t believe how fast I forget the small details. I love knowing I have it documented. Like, for instance, this time in 2006 Joey had this thing about boxes. He loved to sit in them. I would have forgotten that!

So…New Year’s Resolutions…

  1. Eat healthier. NOT necessarily lose weight, though I’d love to lose about 15-20 lbs. I want to stick with eating beans, veggies,  fruits, and nuts.
  2. BLOG!! I want to stay caught up on my blog!! I saw this every year but this is really important to me this year!

Yeah that’s about all the goals I have. Nothing too exciting but nothing too outlandish that I won’t be able to do it.

Today Joe and I were lazy almost the entire day. I sat around in my pjs playing Bakery Story on my nook, and Joe was upstairs yelling at the tv (football was on). I took a short nap and then woke up and finally decided I should do SOMETHING today and cleaned the kitchen. After it was clean I made a bean soup that had a lot of veggies and homemade tomato soup and fresh squeezed carrot juice (I told you it was healthy!) and then made Joe and the kids Chicken Piccata (link is from my recipe website that I’ve been lacking on updating!) for dinner with mashed potatoes on the side. I also cut up an apple, peeled two oranges and added a bunch of grapes to have as dessert. Dinner was good and my soup was really good, too.

Tonight I finally finished updating all my 2011 blog posts and I plan to stay current on 2012.

Tonight I ran out and got a few things from freeycle – a pressure cooker, a ds case with styluses and some tupperwear type containers. The pressure cooker isn’t as fancy as mine so I probably won’t keep it. The containers we can definitely use, especially as much as I’m cooking. I have somewhere to put leftovers now. The ds case is nice and it has multiple styluses so the boys will enjoy that. It was nice to get out of the house for a change.

Fullscreen capture 122012 125022 AMThis weekend we got a new vacuum. Our other one is over 6 years old and started to spit back out pieces it was sucking up. I bought the Eureka Endeavor for $79 and it actually does a great job. It boasts it never loses suction. I was NOT able to shell out $500 for a dyson, especially since I used the neighbor’s dyson before and I didn’t think it did as good of a job as my current bissel. I used my new Eureka vacuum and it did a great job picking up junk from the carpet. I’m a fan. It has good reviews on, too.

No comments: