Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Facebook Status November 2011

11/1 - Day 1 of thankfulness: My kids are happy and healthy. ♥"

"Nov 1st...time to start listening to Christmas music ♥"

11/4 - "Day 4 - Thankful that even though the wall where the water line for the fridge is leaking water and has totally saturated the carpet in my formal dining room, our plumber had an opening this afternoon and is coming out to check it out. ♥"

"ER visit number one for Joey. Sliced his eyebrow open on the playground."

11/5 - "Thankful - Day 5 - Thankful we have the freedom to choose which hospitals we want to use and medical care that is superior to many countries. I'm glad I'm not taking my kid to a hospital in a 3rd world country ♥"

11/6 - "Thankful day 6 - I'm thankful for great technology that makes taking photos easy, not too expensive and fun. Think back 15 years - the 486 photos I took at Joey's soccer game would have cost a lot of money in film and developing! Digital rocks!!"

11/7 - "Thankful day 7 - Thankful for my education and job.
I met a gentleman yesterday who was in IT, was laid off, doesn't have a college degree and can't find a job anywhere because of it. He's working nights at Kroger, his wife is laid off too, and he's going to school full time. He told me most days of the week he gets about an hour and a half sleep between work, studying and school. Made me really thankful for what I have ♥"

11/8 - "Thankful day 8 - Thankful for the rain. Dallas desperately needed rain. The ground is sighing in relief... ♥"

11/9 - "Thankful day 9 - Thankful God blessed me with a creative eye and the ability to take photos. Blessed that I was asked to do a photo shoot of a sweet little man today. I think today I finally realized I really want to do photography...it makes me happy ♥"

11/11 - "Day 10 (a day late) - I'm thankful for my sweet friends and family who are always there in good times and bad. ♥"

"Day 11 - I'm so very very thankful for our veterans who fought for our freedom. Thank you sweet veterans. Your service impacts our lives every single day. We can't thank you enough ♥"

"At the children's museum in Austin. Kids are having so much fun."

11/12 - "Austin reminds us a lot of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Very pretty and hilly. Lots of trees."

"Austin is so pretty. Visited the state capital and now driving to Salt Lick to try BBQ. I'm a fan of Austin."

11/14 - "I was cooking dinner, and all of a sudden there's an explosion under the glasstop of my back burner (which I'm not even using). Scared the crap out of me. I guess there's my excuse for no cooking dinner on the stove this entire week. Sigh"

11/17 - "Thankful day 17 for my mother's knitting skills and the 20+ pairs of socks she knit me to keep my toes warm on days like today when you wake up and it is 32 outside. ♥"

"Of all the blonde jokes, this one has to be the best --because it makes football make sense!
A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked it.
"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killingeach other over 25 cents."
Dumbfounded, her boyfriend asked, "What do you mean?"
"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was... 'Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!' I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!"

11/18 - "Day 18 - Thankful for my boys
...even when I've tried to figure out for two days now why my expensive photo printer keeps taking paper sideways and jamming. I found this lodged all the way down by the rollers..." (A picture of a nerf dart)

11/20 - "GNO tonight - Watched Breaking Dawn with the girls. Loved it!!"

"Day 20 Thankfulness - I'm soooo thankful my cat is starting to eat again. She hasn't eaten in a week and I've been force feeding her every two hours the entire week with a syringe and catSure..."

11/24 - "This is the very first Thanksgiving where it's just the boys and I - no traveling. I'm making the turkey and a few sides. It's going to be low-key and low-stress. I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving ♥"

11/25 - "Thankful day 25 - Toys R Us had their black Friday deals ONLINE last night, so we sat in our office and bought buy one get one 1/2 off Lego sets last night - with free shipping! We saved about $120 last night between the 1/2 off savings and free shipping. Boys are going to be ecstatic this Christmas!!!! ♥ I can't believe the deal!"

11/26 - "My cat Sasha didn't make it. She passed today while we were at soccer. :("

11/30 - "We got a note today from Justin's school saying that it's inappropriate for preschoolers to say 'screwed up' and he said it a few times today. He didn't say 'I'm screwed' or anything like that. Is screwed up really a bad word? I always thought screwed up meant messed up and never gave it a second thought..."

No comments: