Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Edge – 5/21

I think 2011 is officially termed makeover Briana year.

This year I decided to get braces and officially got them put on in February.

And on 5/21 I got rid of years of driving a mini van and finally got a crossover. THANK GOD!

I’m sorry, but driving a minivan is just not hot. I know it’s functional, but it’s not cool. You can’t jam to your cool music full blast in a mini van and think you are cool driving down the road. Maybe I’m acting like I’m twelve again, and frankly I don’t care. I like the room of a minivan, but that’s where it ends. I’m a not a mini van driving soccer mom.

We decided to sell the Town and Country. We weren’t sure of it’s condition to drive back to Michigan this summer without having some repairs. We didn’t want to sink money into it before we left and it was getting up there in miles.

We went to look at a few different options. We looked at Jeep Liberty and then decided to look at Fords. Now 10 years ago you couldn’t have paid us to look at Ford. The quality just wasn’t there. You know FORD – Found on Road Dead…etc

Recently they have immensely improved their quality, and won a lot of awards for best of class and we thought we would give them a try.

Joe showed me their Ford Sync system and I found the Ford myfordtouch system. I think those two things sold me right then.

We test drove the Escape but it didn’t even have the myfordtouch system in any model.  The expedition was too big and the explorer was too much for fully loaded.

We test drove the Escape, and frankly I thought it drove and felt cheap. I wasn’t impressed. It had a lot of road noise. For $26,000+ you would think it would be made a little nicer.

So we took a look at the Ford Edge.

We test drove the Edge and I knew it was it. I wasn’t in the market for the crossover but it grew on me fast and I love the way the Edge handled. The Edge also had the myfordtouch system and sync.

Here is an article about the Sync and MyfordTouch System.

The My Touch consists of two 4.2-inch LCD screens that flank an analog speedometer along with an 8-inch touchscreen that sits at the top of the center stack. To control the system, there are two five-way switches on either side of the steering wheel.
The left display is controlled by the left controller, toggling info on fuel economy, mechanical status and safety features, while the right display is controlled by the right, taking charge of audio settings, climate control, phone communications and navigation menus. All of the right-hand functions also appear in the 8-center stack's 8-inch touchscreen, in reach of any curious passenger. In the 2011  the center stack applications will have a touch controls for audio and fans--doing away with knobs completely.
Read more:
Ford's My Touch System Bring WiFi and Apps to Cars - Popular Mechanics

We bought our car from Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney, Texas and it was the the most pleasant car buying transaction we’ve ever experienced! Both the selling of the van and the buying of the edge below.

2011-05-20_19-58-05_341Bye Bye Mini van

2011-05-20_19-58-28_294My new red ford Edge! It had been raining and then a double rainbow came out. It was like it was meant to be!

2011-05-20_20-21-24_929My car controls. I LOVE IT. I can even pull the weather and traffic on here and sport scores!

2011-05-21_12-07-40_969Awe – My new car. LOVE LOVE it!!

ford-mytouch-470-0110-deThis is the dash that I see when I drive. It is SWEET!!  The left display is controlled by the left controller, toggling info on fuel economy, mechanical status and safety features, while the right display is controlled by the right, taking charge of audio settings, climate control, phone communications and navigation menus.

ford-mytouch-470b-0110-deThe entire console. I can hook up my ipod and say, play artist bruce springsteen and it will play all my bruce music. I love technology! I tell it to call mom, and it will bluetooth to my phone and call my mom and I can talk to a wireless speaker in the car back to her. I LOVE THAT!!

No comments: