Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Braces

2011-05-22_23-23-35_834

When I first got my braces I was really embarrassed to smile with them. I would close my lips over them and smile. I finally got to the point where I didn’t care what other people thought. I am investing money in myself to get my teeth straightened. If someone doesn’t like that, then I really don’t care.

Most of the attitudes I get are very positive. Kids are very curious what are on my teeth. Tweens can commiserate with me. Most adults who didn’t get braces are curious and want them themselves and those adults who did have braces like to tell me horror stories. If anything, they make me look younger.

So now I always smile with my teeth. I always smiled that way before and I’m not going to hide my nice smile because of the braces on my teeth.

Photo taken 5/23

1 comment:

Patty Gurrola said...

I applaud you for rising above the trepidations and negative opinions about having braces and finding the brighter, more positive side. Orthodontists and dentists don't recommend getting braces lightly. Getting braces is a commitment for both dentist and patient, so it must not be entered into lightly either. I'm glad that you have become comfortable with your braces! Has it come off yet? If not, do you know when?

- Patty Gurrola