Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Scam - do NOT fall for it!

This is a first. Got a phone call from a 'Microsoft support person' (with a hidden number) that they have reports that my pc is downloading malicious software and they want me to get on my pc and fix it.

OK - yeah fricking right!!! What do they think I am? STUPID? Hell no you are not touching my pc! I wonder how many people actually fall for this scam?!

According to this URL (below)- from Microsoft's forums it IS a scam and they most likely want your activation code or will install malicious software on your pc. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. HANG UP!!

Microsoft will not call you out of the blue for this. Banks will not call you out of the blue to get updated account information. If you didn't initiate a call - it's a scam!!

Am I being Scammed?


No comments: