Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween and Our trip to the Dallas arboretum

Yesterday we went to Target and decided to get the kids Halloween costumes. I am one who hates to procrastinate anything, for fear, in this case, that I'll be scrambling last minute the day before Halloween looking for a costume and Joey will end up being Barbie. So I needed to get this stress out of the way and just get the kids costumes and be done with it.
Justin gets to choose between Elmo and a dog. I looked at the dog costume, and though it's really cute, the legs and arms are fully lined with fur. I think back to Desiree's comments about Halloween in Texas, 'It's either really hot or really cold'. I glance back at the dog costume, think of Justin sweating to death in it and put it back on the hook. Elmo it is this Halloween.
Joey gets to choose his costume because I have no clue what he wants to be. I am looking for 'Speed' from the new Speedracer movies but they don't have that costume. Joey is about jumping out of the cart because he wants to be the blue Power Ranger. The neighbors must play and watch Power Rangers because he doesn't watch it at our house and he never talks about it, yet he wants to be a Power Ranger, so a blue Power Ranger it is. 
I had Joey try on the costume. It fits really well!

Our company is sponsoring the Dallas arboretum Fall Fest and so the employees got a day of special pampering. We got free tickets, free valet parking and free lunch. We had to go - it was an inexpensive thing to do on a Saturday and it just had to be fun!

We got there and the valet drivers took our van. Off we went.

This is what first greeted us - a fountain full of floating pumpkins. This totally fascinated the kids, and adults too. The kids would put their hands on the pumpkin and push them under water, watching them pop back up.  The adults would do this too but instead bounce it like a basketball in the water. One said it was 'soothing'. 

Joey, loving the bobbing pumpkins.

Daddy and Joey.

Justin chilling in the stroller.

PS - Keep in mind that all the following posts go together, but I post these photos from Picassa and it only allows me to put 4 on a post at a time. That is why were are so many posts. I hope that made sense! LOL.


8 comments:

Seven Danforth's said...

Sounds like a lot of fun Briana. I going to do this wall in my house and I tough you will like it as well... http://www.flickr.com:80/photos/anarusch/2696676642/
I want to invite you to keep reading my same blog...but I have no idea what e-mail to use, g-mail?

Briana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CaraBee said...

Great pictures! I need to take my daughter to the arboretum. What a great way to spend a day!

Me said...

Pumpkins float. Who knew.

oº˚ Queen Bee ˚ºo said...

The pumpkins looked like alot of fun. The picture is to cute. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love

anissa

Aubrey said...

LOVE, love, love the look! The pictures at the top are adorable!

Looks like you all had a great time at the Fall Fest. Fun!

Kimberly said...

I think he would make a great Barbie ;)

Jennie W said...

Glad you found costumes - we are having problems finding one I like in Adam's size. They are all too big or too small!