Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh Ike....

The most asked question lately is 'Oh, well I guess you'll be impacted by Ike, correct?'

Well it looks like it. Because I'm in Dallas (north Dallas actually) we won't get much but rain and wind. We actually completely missed Gustav. All Dallas got was some wind (we didn't even get rain!). Michigan got more rain from Gustav than we did!

This is what our local paper says for our local weather:

After making landfall, Hurricane Ike is expected to swing north and pass through the Dallas-Fort Worth area this weekend: 

LOCAL OUTLOOK

4 to 6 inches of rain, strong winds (gusts of up to 50 mph are possible). Temperatures Saturday are expected to be in the mid-80s, with chances of rain increasing during the day and lasting through Sunday afternoon. 

BIGGEST THREATS

The biggest impact to North Texas could be flooding and an increased tornado threat, said National Weather Service meteorologist Dan Shoemaker.

So there you have it. We really badly need the rain here. We actually got rain today and it was much much needed, so if IKE brings rain, the grass and trees will turn green in joy!

If anything funky happens, you can bet that I'll be taking photos or video! I'm cool like that! :)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope you get the rain, but I also hope that you stay safe! :)

Melissa said...

Living in the south sure keeps us on our toes! Stay safe!

Shelly Pierc said...

I am over and up in Amarillo. I don't think we will see any of the effects here, I hope you get the much needed rain and that you and your family are safe. I really enjoyed reading your blog.
Shelly Pierce@ www.christianleadershipforwomen.com

Shelly Pierce said...

Shelly Pierce www.christianleadershipforwomen.com
shelly@christianleadershipforwomen.com

Amy said...

I will be so glad when hurricane season is OVER!

Greg and Jen said...

Hi- We're in the Austin area and are hoping to get some rain. Cute blog. Stop by sometime :)

Anonymous said...

you are a geek :-)
Caroline

SavvyEnid@westtexascountrylife said...

You will be alright...but Im really worry about the south coast!I have friends in GTown and others took there boats out of the water yesterday...Here in Lubbock haven't stop raining all day, Iam sure my 100 years floded area in the land will get fill up..lol!