Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New addiction....

So it's not drinking.
Not smoking (those that know me know that would never happen).
Not exercise or running (though I wish I was addicted to that!).
Not drugs...
Any clues?

It allows you to take a look into your past and then into the current? Anyone?

It's..... FACEBOOK.  (there I said it...)

I can not get off the darn site. I am totally addicted. I don't know what it is about why I am on it so much. I have a myspace account but I just don't like it as much as I love Facebook.

I always told myself I would never be one of those 'people' who are addicted to the social networking websites...and now look at me.

I don't know why I'm so addicted to it. I think there are many reasons...some being
  1. I can keep up with my family and friends daily by sending them little notes that I'm thinking about them. I especially love sending flowers and flair!
  2. Finding old friends is fun.
  3. Seeing how much people have changed over the years is interesting. Do I really need to go to a high school reunion? It's been 12 years since high school. Did this person have children? Who did an old boyfriend hook up with and marry? Has anyone come out of the closet?? Married? Gained weight (I have!)? 
There the top three reasons I guess I'm totally addicted to facebook.

I guess it's a healthy addiction - there are worse things to be addicted to - right? :)

8 comments:

oº˚ Queen Bee ˚ºo said...

I never been to that site! Will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing! Much Love

Melissa said...

I love facebook, too. If you have a chance, look me up. smylingyrl (at) yahoo (dot) com. ;)

I like it more for the apps, myself. I'm addicted to this app called My House. lol

Amy said...

I have a myspace, which has been a total addiction for me, that and this blogging stuff, I sure don't need to add Facebook to the mix.

Have fun with it :D

SavvyEnid@westtexascountrylife said...

LOL you are too funny! I was there once, just not time for it. I keep telling my self NOPE not going in there anymore. But yeah I found my school mates...ohh man that was a woot..lol! Have fun! My sister and brother went to a school reunion at the Island because of facebook.

Courtney said...

lol Haven't been on Facebook, just went to MySpace recently but haven't had time to keep up with it.

~Janet~ said...

I love facebook too! I've been addicted to something else lately too - I blogged about it last night (The Grocery Game!).

Dawn said...

I got bored with Myspace but I love Facebook!

Doctordeckle said...

Welcome to Facebook! I just started last week. I think maybe the reason it's so "addicting" is that it's a chance to be known. Anyway, if you wanna be friends, look me up. Erika Mattila (I have a pic of an orchid) Hope to see ya!