Thursday, September 4, 2008

I actually got a haircut and found old friends!

I think I've been neglecting myself. It's really easy to do when you work from home and don't see anyone at all during the day.

I think Desiree noticed because for my birthday she gave me a bible and an appointment to the hair stylist. I'm not sure if she wanted me to pray for a new haircut, or she was praying for me to get with it, but either way, I went off to get my hair cut.

Oh and this is really sad - it's been since JANUARY when I got it last cut. No, I'm not kidding. It is really healthy though! I had a TON of hair.

I wanted to go shorter, so Natalie the hair stylist put it in a pony tail and started to SNIP SNIP SNIP it totally off. She then showed me the 4 inches of hair flopping around like a dead fish in her hands before she dropped it on the floor. OMG - all of that gone.

So the final result is I really like the new do. It makes me look older, which is nice, and is easy to take care of. It's almost too short to put in a pony tail, which is weird, and it's weird washing it at night because I have 1/2 the amount of hair and keep forgetting!

Before.
After - if I say so myself, I like it better!
Joey took this photo. I curled it today...
so this is what it looked like today.

In other news Joey told me today that the sky wasn't that high. I asked him to explain. He said that the clouds were holding the sky up. I thought I would blog that because it was cute.
Mom - Remember the Kozey's that lived across the street? I found Melissa on facebook! For those that don't know, this family lived across the street when I was about 10 years old. The mother was sooo nice to me and I used to babysit the kids. They moved and I just found out that the reason I lost track of them is they moved to CANADA! I'm sure Melissa is wondering why I looked her up after all these years. They were just the sweetest family and made an impression on me growing up. Amazing how technology, like facebook, can link people after a good 20 or so years! COOL!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute hair!! I have to get a major cut soon too. My hair is almost to my butt! I just don't know where to go. =(

Blog Stalker said...

1st of all, great new do. Hair do that is. And second, I think its awesome to find people who were important in our past. And today it is easier than ever.

Great post.

~Janet~ said...

Your hair looks great! It makes you look younger :)

Melissa said...

Your hair looks great! I love the look curled, too! :)

Savvy Enid said...

CUTE CUTE!!!