Monday, September 15, 2008

Our house is the place to be...

I'm not sure why but everyone (all the kids) loves to hang out at our house. It's not like we have the coolest things - or maybe we do. Either way, everyone gathers here.
Today all the kids decided to play candy land. Everyone had a good time. A few people were slated to win and then drew a card that sent them way back to the beginning of the board. Everyone took turns nicely. Ultimately Olivia won.
They used mini micro machines as game pawns, instead of the actual game pieces because there were only 4 pieces and 5 players. Each person picked out a car, truck or motorcycle and moved those around the board. Everyone had fun with this idea.
Paige, Nicholas, Austin, Olivia, Joey

Austin's Turn. Everyone played nicely.

Afterwards everyone went upstairs to play with the new
Geotrack that Joe made for Joey.
It's big enough that everyone could get a train and 
control it on the large track.

Soon the gang all had to go home and eat dinner 
so Christopher came over to hang with Joey.

It's really funny - when I was younger I used to hang out across the street and I was really good friends with the neighbor's mom, Susan. I would go to her house to play with her daughter, Melissa (who was 4 years younger than me - my BROTHER'S age) who was so sweet and fun to play with and I would also go over there and just talk to Susan, who was such a sweetheart.

Years passed and I always wonderered why Susan was so nice to me. I mean I was like 12 and she was an 'adult'. I always looked up to her and she always trusted me. It was so nice.

Fast forward a few years. Now I'm a mom. Paige is 12 and she is so sweet and plays great with Joey and loves Justin to pieces. Her and I will hang out and talk. It's almost like back in the day when I used to talk to Susan, except now, the tables are turned. I'm the 'Susan' in this situation. Talking to Paige kinda reminds me of when I was a teenager. It was just cool to me that I thought of this today. 


Mekhismom said...

Looks like it was lots of fun! I am an only child and would have loved to have friends come and visit. I mostly ended up going to other peoples houses.

Me said...

By 'everyone' I thought you meant some adult friends. Watch out for parents taking advantage. They need to go to their houses too and give you a break.

I laid down that law DAY ONE :)

Melissa said...

How fun! :) Love the idea for the game pieces for Candy Land. We never thought of that here!

Courtney said...

Looks like such fun! That's really neat that you had a good mom friend, and now you are the good mom friend :)

Dawn said...

My house looks like that except they are all teenagers now and they play video games and computer games instead of board games! I encourage the kids to come here so I know what they are doing and where they are!

oº˚ Queen Bee ˚ºo said...

Thanks for stopping by! I want to come play I love Candy Land! Much Love -- The kids looked like that were having a great time1

Jennie W said...

Its good to be "the place!"