Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to the grind....

Grandma Norma and Grandma Char drive back tomorrow. I'm sure they didn't anticipate Gustav the hurricane foiling their plans to return to Michigan. They were going to go through Arkansas but they are not going to do that because a lot of people fled up that way.

It took Char an hour to find hotels on the way up to Michigan for a 3 day trip back and nearly everything is booked because of people leaving the area that hurricane was slated to hit. What wasn't booked is going for about $200/night - ouch!

We are so sad to see them go but understand they want to go home. We will miss them!

Joey starts preschool tomorrow - a new school. Justin goes back to daycare tomorrow and I'll have some peace and quiet during the day so I can get some work done. This is good - very good.

We'll I'm going to bed. I've been following Gustav on the weather channel all day long and I think it's worn me out! LOL...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't believe it costs $200 for a hotel room! I hate when people take advantage of other people in times like this. I'm glad you had a good visit with the grandmas and i'm sure it's hard to see them go. I hope you enjoy a quiet day tomorrow once the kids go to school!

Melissa said...

oh my! Who would ever expect having to get a hotel at that price! I hope they make it home safe either way. And that you stay safe down there in that hurricane alley!