Friday, August 22, 2008

Scrapping fun on Friday Night

I've been on this meetup.com local group for about 6 months now and haven't gone to one of the monthly organized crops but noticed there is quite a following because it's nearly always full.

When the new dates came up I RSVP'd on every single one - not wanting to miss out on the fun. Well that and I need to start scrapbooking again. I have my own scrapbook room and I guess it's just too lonely to go there by myself. I need people!

Friday night Joe watched the kiddos as I lugged my scrapbook stuff over to the west side of Frisco to go to Cheryl's house for my first SHOT crop (I think it stands for Scrap Happy Ones Together).

Cheryl got a heck of a deal on these HUGE tables they normally have in cropping spaces and sets up 4 huge tables in her living room for everyone to crop. This is a normal monthly affair.

I managed to get THREE layouts done. I met a ton of nice people and I heard my first person actually say 'fixin' in a sentence. Most people in Dallas don't say 'fixin' to do things. Everyone says y'all but not usually 'fixin'.

Many people kept asking 'Where are you from'. I guess my heavy Michigan accent gave it away - ha! The lady next to me knew I was from the Midwest because she's from Chicago. The girl across from us in the photo in brown had a THICK Alabama accent and it was super cute.

It's a riot because I told Erin (the girl next to me) that I can't tell people have accents. They sound like me in my opinion. She said she used to think the same thing when she first came down here to live and said eventually I will go back to Michigan and be like, wow, they DO have an accent. Ha! I told her I wasn't sure that would happen because I talk on the phone with Michganders all the time for work but I guess we'll see.

I'm on the far right in the front.
Cheryl, the hostess, is the person in green in the far back on the left.

Here's a peek at the layouts I completed. Yay for me!

PS - A special thanks to Becky's Fleck's latest book PageMaps. I love the sketches and it keeps me inspired. ALL of the layouts below originated from one of her sketches.

Mohawk (Joey from 4/05)

Park Fun (click to see it bigger).

Santa - Joey in 05. This photo is one of my favorites of me.

I had a blast scrapbooking and I can't wait until next month's crop!! I need to get out more - that's for sure! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That looks like so much fun and I checked it out, too. I hate going to crops where I have to pay, so it would be nice to get out and not be at a store. :)

AND your pages look FANTASTIC!