I saved this from a parenting magazine and thought it was funny to see how far parent's have come since WE were kids - 21 years ago - OIY!
PS - I was 9 years old!
What was hot in 1987:
- Toys - Talking Cabbage Patch Dolls, Koosh Balls (I know both of these!)
- Music - Raffi's Everything Grows (no clue)
- Cereal - Crispy Critters and Cocoa Pebbles (I know the second)
- Saturday Morning Tv - Care Bears, ALF, Pee-wee's Playhouse and He-Man (Loved all of them!)
- Prime Time - Cosby Show, Growing Pains (These were GREAT!)
- Candy - Big League Chew, Ring pops (loved both of these!)
- Book - Where's Waldo (who didn't have this book!?)
- Kid's Movies - The Princess Bride and Harry and the Hendersons (flashback!!)
Here's what else it said (from Parenting May 07)
- If you were at a playground and wanted to call a friend, you had to pack up your toddler, go looking for a pay phone, and hope you had change at the bottom of your diaper bag!
- If you heard the word web - you thought of the book Charlotte's web. There was a good chance you've never even BEEN ON a computer. Online meant you were at the supermarket or at the post office! ha!
- You probably didn't worry about overscheduling your child, whether baby's food was organic and trying to find a prenatal yoga class.