Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life's Ups...

Ok, so yesterday's post was about the wonderful (or not so wonderful) things your kids will say to you.

Today the post is about the wonderful things the boys say to me.

Justin is just the cutest (well so is Joey but this is about Justin today). When I put him to bed now and start to walk out of the room, he yells to me
NIGHT NIGHT!

In which I reply

NIGHT NIGHT

In which Justin replies

I LOVE YOU

My heart breaks into a billion pieces as I yell back

I LOVE YOU TOO!

I had no clue he knew how to carry on a loving conversation like that! He's not even two and he knows how to carry on a loving conversation. The kid is also wonderful at telling you 'Thank you' when you give him something. He just breaks my heart. What a sweetie.

As I'm walking down the hall Joey asks me for another hug because he says I didn't hug him, which I did - 5 times today. Each day I ask him how many hugs and kisses I get. He tells me a different number each day. Today was 5. He gives me 5 kisses, I give him 5 hugs and then 5 kisses. SO I gave him another hug (and loved it too).

It's so cute to have these fun bedtime traditions with your kids.

Do you have any cute bedtime traditions?


5 comments:

Lily said...

awww, what sweeties. TFS

Dawn said...

That is so sweet!! My youngest is turning 15 soon, so we don't have any fun bedtime routines anymore, but when he was little we always read his favorite book and got all his little stuffed animals lined up just right for bed. He was always a really sweet boy back then. Not so much anymore!!!! Before I left his room, I would say "GOOD NIGHT" he'd say "SLEEP TIGHT" and I'd say "DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE!" He always thought that was funny!

Suzanne Webb said...

Aaaah, too cute! Right now the only bedtime routine is them waking me when and if they get home (youngest is fighting fires, so he is out on fires overnight a lot, and oldest son is working and staying at a very remote location :), so at this point, I just want to know they're safe and sound :)
Have a great day!

Melissa said...

How sweet! :)

It looks like you have been busy making entries today. I love all of the photos from your trip to the lake and you got a lot of cool gadgets for your birthday! :)

Rhea said...

Awww! Your boys are adorable.

Mine love to be read to before bed. And then I have to hang out with them until they fall asleep. It's tough work getting them to bed sometimes! I usually fall sleep too. :o)