Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pot of Gold....

I've been asking God for patience and I think he's delivered. I think everyone is getting along so much better now. All the kids play so good together anymore. I'm so thankful for this. We've actually had the kids over quite a bit lately and Joey's been playing so nicely with all of them.

Today we were outside playing because everyone needed to go outside. We were PRAYING for rain, but I called McKinney (our town) the land of the forgotten rain. I think I need to start a rain dance. We haven't had rain in about a month! I think it's rained only twice in about 2 months. It never rains!

Tonight it was sprinkling, a little harder than a little sprinkle but NOT quite rain. The sun popped out from behind the clouds and out in the east sky, behind a dark blue stormy background sprung, not one but TWO rainbows.

I asked Joe to please get my camera. We let the kids on the golf course and got these photos. I am soooo thankful I got these photos. It really did capture the childhood innocence of kids and how good of friends they all are.

Olivia and Camille in the front.
Joey, Austin, Christopher, Braxton and Justin.

Olivia and Camille in the front.
Joey, Austin, Christopher, Braxton and Justin.

The kids said they were running after the pot of gold.
I just love this photo. You can see the second rainbow off to
the right.


Another one of the kids running off into the distance.

2 comments:

Me said...

I saw a rainbow like that the other day, only I could see the whole entire thing from start to end. It was a double one too. I only had my camera phone though :) I know it would have made for an awesome picture!

The one I took with my phone is pretty crummy.

Melissa said...

That looks so pretty with all of that green grass! I saw the thickest, brightest rainbow I have ever seen the other day. It was beautiful. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera to take a photo.