Thursday, December 7, 2006

Car troubles...

Ironically yesterday I was hoping I would have a bit more time so I could type up my blog and here I am, with a little bit more time.

Last week Joey and daddy reading a book before bed.

I'm really good at reading the tractor books. Joey counts the wheels. He still counts, 1,2,3,4,8,9,10. We keep telling him there is a 5,6,7 but he skips them!

I updated the blog. Thought it was time for a change. I don't like the same look for long I guess. I like this one, seems a bit cleaner than the last template.

I’m getting the mini-van fixed. What I thought was just a $75 repair and a hood latch has become fixing the entire locking mechanism or something for $190. Isn’t that the way it always happens?

The last few times we went to get our oil changed they had a really hard time
latching the hood. They would play with it for a good 10-15 minutes before it latched properly. Knowing this do you think we got it fixed? Nope. Too busy, didn’t want to pay for it, etc. We just let it go and figured, well they got it latched - It’s fine.

Fast forward to today. We had snow last night. When I was driving into work this morning it was snowing and the roads were pretty bad. There was a lot of road film kicking onto the windshield, causing me to use a lot of window washer fluid. I needed gas so I stopped off to get gas and to buy some window washer fluid. I got the fluid and popped the hood, and instantly said ‘Oh crap’. Yep, I bet the hood won’t latch. So I filled the car, went to close the hood – and guess what? Nope, it didn’t latch. Crap Crap Crap!!!!

I’m halfway between work and home. It’s 19 degrees out (it’s about 10-15 mph wind and it was COLD), snowing and crappy outside and my hooddoesn’t latch fully. Do I drive? Do I go home? Do I go to work? Augh!!!

I go outside (swearing in my mind) and pull up on the hood and it does not come unlatched so I wasn’t really worried about wind taking it and throwing the hood up. The roads were really really bad. The max speed people were going was about 45 in a 55 or so. I decided to try to make it to work and make an appt at the Honda dealer for that afternoon. Luckily I made it to work safely, despite all the spinouts and people in ditches.

Work was a busy one today. Our bosses took up to Mitchell’s Fish market. I do NOT like fish but I like Red Lobster so I thought I would be able to find something that I would like. When we got there I really looked over the menu. I thought I would get chicken but in the end I got a Blue Crab and shrimp alfredo. The shrimp was some of the best I’ve ever eaten. It was really good.

So now I have about an hour and a half to kill. I would be doing work stuff. They do have free wireless here at the dealership, but wouldn’t you know, I left my extra network cable AND my wireless card both at home. Crap again. So I guess it’s just use the old pc and blog using Microsoft word and upload to blog when I connect later. At least it gives me time to catch up.

As I said, Justin rolled over this week. What a proud mommy moment when your baby does his first cool thing like roll over! He’s been laughing for awhile now. He never really laughed – and either did Joey. He just squeals in this really high pitch noise. It’s so adorable. I swear I could just eat him up with love some days. He always smiles and it just makes my heart melt. There is nothing else like it.

There is something about December that just makes my soul happy. Sounds silly but it’s true. It’s the holiday season that just makes me so happy and it normally starts around December. This year is going to be so much fun. Joey is at the point where he really understands Santa or least mostly does. We told him that Santa is at the North Pole making toys and on Christmas he visits GOOD boys and girls and they will get toys from Santa. The other day he tells me, ‘Mommy, Santa is at the North making toys for ME’. That’s your typical self-centered two-year old! It was so cute I had to start laughing. He never says North Pole either – he’s living at the ‘North’. So cute.

Daycare is really getting the kids into the mood by singing Christmas songs. Every year in December they use space at a local elementary school and have a Christmas get together where the kids do presentations for the parents. Joey has been coming home singing ‘Jingle Bells’. It goes a little something like this,‘Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way. Oh what fun (trying to say: it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh but comes out something but nothing like it). It’s so cute. I hope he gets up on stage this time and sings with the rest of the other kids.

I found out that this Christmas Concert is next Thursday. Nothing like late notice – I found out yesterday! I guess our daycare had a drop in visit from the state. They got written up for having one too many kids. Now keep in mind it’s not the fact theydidn ’t have enough caregivers – which they did. I guess if you are classified as a home daycare, no matter how big the house is, you can only have so many children. They went over that by one. So I guess the owners are looking at opening another center and are a bit stressed out in the meantime. Therefore no newsletter has gone out about the Christmas concert. I had to ask. If they don’t tell parent’s soon – no one is going to show up!

Oh so anyhow – I got off-track! Christmas this year is going to be great! I hope Joey realizes how good he has it when he gets older. All the grandma’s love to go nuts buying him toys. My mom went totally nuts. I know the other grandma’s went pretty crazy too. He’s getting a lot of Thomas stuff. I don’t think a lot of people are getting stuff for Justin because he’s just going to grow out of these toys in a year anyhow. We have a lot of toys for him. Trust me, he’s getting some stuff. We got him abumbo chair that we are already using and he likes to sit in it!

Anyway, I was looking at Joey’s calendar where it lists his baby accomplishments and Justin rolled before he did. It also shows that a few days before Joey’s 4 month birthday he was sitting up unassisted. It will be interesting to see if this is Justin’s next milestone! I can not believe that in almost a month he’ll be sitting up unassisted! He’s already starting to try to sit up by himself. If he’s sitting against you, he will pull himself into sitting position on your lap by himself.
Joey was 14 ½ lbs by now and Justin is 13. I’m assuming they are close to the same length because Justin went into 6/9 months before Joey did. He’s one long, skinny kiddo! I’m really enjoying having a baby in the house again!

The biggest difference between the two so far is Joey used to like to sit by himself. He would be content in his swing all day long. He wasn’t much of a ‘wanting to be held’ type of baby. He loved to smile and interact with you, he just didn’t want to be held. Justin does not like to sit for a long time. You can put him in his swing but if it’s too long he’ll fall asleep. He LOVES his fishy bouncer, and Joey never really liked it. Justin loves to be held and carried around – all the time. He loves it in the babybjorn and will stay in it for about 30 minutes while I run around the house. I’m actually glad he’s 13 lbs and not 14 ½ like Joey was because as much as I carry him, the lighter the better! My arm starts to hurt after awhile!! Joey used to really love to watch the cats, and Justin seems like he could care less. It’s funny how they already have some minor differences.

He's sleeping on his back now! Yay :)

If I had a dollar for every time someone at Joey’s school called Justin ‘Joey’s clone’ or made a comment of how the kids look exactly alike, I’d be much richer. It is really amazing how similar the boys look. If you put the two kids photos next to each other people can’t pick out who was who. I hear comments about how the kids look alike daily. You can really tell they are brothers! It will be interesting to see that when Justin grows up, if he’s going to look totally different from each other. My boss said his two girls looked like each other too as babies and now, one isblonde and thin, and the other is just a little heavier and a red head.

Yesterday Joey came home telling me his hair is orange. Too funny. Actually he’s a towhead and it’s very very blonde but in dark light it looks almost brown/blonde.

Joey helping me make cookies last weekend.

Justin loves to smile!

There are no parts showing so I thought this one was ok to share. The boys first bath together. Justin in his bumbo and Joey must have splashed himself, and shocked Justin - thus the look here!

Tomorrow 12/8 will be a year since Grandpa has passed away (see last December's blog for more details). I still miss him terribly. I wish he were here to meet Justin. He passed away 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant again. I'm so sad. He was such an awesome person and he was so great with Joey that it kills me he didn't get to meet Justin. Some days I just miss his laugh. Some days I miss his cooking. Overall, I just miss him.

1 comment:

Mi Familia en TX said...

yay on the weight loss...Sorry about the car...Razors are good there pretty good and crayon! Love the LO's... scrapbooking is in my list of resolution for the new year, hopefully!