Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Joey's 2 1/2 now!

I had to work on Friday and worked until after midnight. Not fun at all. Luckily my upgrade went in just fine.

Saturday morning was fun. Joey turned 2 1/2 officially on Saturday! Can you believe we have a 2 1/2 year old now?! I can't!!!!

We had a few errands to do. I took Joey outside for a little while while Joe mowed the grass, he got on his tricycle and just started to peddle the bike himself. Normally he can't figure out how to get the motion of pushing on the peddle that is up to move the bike. So he just jumped on the tricycle and started going frontwards AND backwards like he rode it all his life. He was so proud and so were we!

Grandma bought Joey a little birthday cake for his 2 1/2 year old birthday. He gets jipped every year because his birthday is Jan 8 - right after Christmas so we decided to celebrate in July and got him two Thomas the train cars. He loves singing the birthday song so we lit candles and let him blow them out on his cake. He was so happy! We even sang the birthday song to him!

This weekend was mostly relaxing. I got one page done for Scrapjazz. We went fishing, swimming and just relaxed. Joe and I got in a water ball (those soft balls you can get wet and throw) fight on Sunday and had a blast throwing those. Joey just played with Joe's old tractors from when he was a kid. He loves those!

Other news - Joey has been consistently using the potty every night before bedtime. We haven't worked other times of the day into his routine yet, but we are very happy the time before bedtime is working out!!

Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I'm really tired because of the overtime I'm putting in at work. I work this weekend on Saturday and next weekend on Saturday and I'm not excited about it at all. It makes me so exhausted!

I hope to get out there and catch up on everyone's blogs. I hope you forgive me during this busy time where I'm just worn out (not to mention I'm preggo too so that make me tired!).

Thanks for visiting!!

Joey playing with Joe's old tractors.

Joey's birthday cake.

Joey blowing out the candles.
Joey eating it Joey style - face first.


Jen said...

Adorable shots! Love the one of Joey diving into the cake! Classic!
Hope work slows down soon, so you can get some rest before Justin arrives. You deserve it :)

Melissa said...

Cute pics of Joey! Sorry to hear you are working so much. Try to get some rest girl!

Nancyroo said...

so sweet that you have a 1/2 bday! I'm a Jan.5th baby myself!