Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Today was a busy day. We did some errands this morning like got gasoline for the car (2.99 a gallon - eek) and then went to the grocery store to pick up a few minor things. We had a minor issue at home. Joey came up to me and said he had a 'booboo'. Normally even if he sees a bump on his leg he calls it a 'booboo'. Well then he came back up to me and showed it to me again a few minutes later and blood is running down his leg. He picked at a scab and blood was going all down his leg. It wouldn't stop bleeding so I told him we were getting a band-aid. He HATES band-aids so he cried for 5 minutes straight until I took it off. I don't know why he hates it so much. Maybe he'll stop picking at his 'booboos!'

We put Joey down early for a nap at noon. I also took a nap. We both were woken up by Joe at 2:30.

We headed out to my parent's house for the 4th of July party. On the way there Joe called some guy an idiot in the car ahead of us, and there goes Joey yelling at the guy and calling him an idiot. Joe realized what he did after he said it. I guess we'll have to work on that.

I had made brownies to take. We had a great time. Joey and Joe went frog hunting (are you surprised??) and it was awesome to see Grandma and Grandpa. I don't see them often! Aunt Shirley was there as well and we haven't seen her in awhile. I had a great talk with Aunt Linda. Jennifer and Gary brought their three girls and Joey enjoyed playing with Sophie, who is going to be 4 this coming week. They are about a year and a half apart in age.

Here are some photos from the event. I got a lot of belly pats :)

Joey and his frog. I couldn't believe this frog sat so nicely in his hand. I can only imagine how worn out this frog was!

This was the frog above. Wasn't it big?

Joey and Joe on the paddle boat.

Myself, my Aunt Shirley (dad's sister) and my cousin Kat.

My grandfather (dad's dad). He never even noticed that the chair broke while he was sitting in it. He's super skinny but we still gave him a hard time about it. See the bottom of the chair haning out under him. Hahaha!

My brother and I. A rare photo!


I can't even remember the last photo of the 4 of us. My brother, my dad, mother and myself. This is super rare!


My mother, brother and I. We never do family photos!

Myself, Joe and Joe. I wanted a photo of all of us.

Joey smelling a tiger lily but he was actually blowing on it, not smelling it!

Joey's favorite treat - popsicles. Daddy and Joey after the party laying on mom's couch enjoying a cold treat after a hot day!

8 comments:

Nancyroo said...

Will you stop having so much fun already? LOL. I love the pic of your family- not gonna look like that much longer!

Melissa said...

Awesome family photos!! Isn't it funny that we are scrapbookers that are supposed to be recording our family history and we don't take family photos!? LOL!! I am the same way!

Lorrie said...

Great pics - looks like you had a fun day!

Sarah said...

I love the photo of Joey with the flower. The coloring is so neat. Looks like you guys had a fun 4th.

Deanna Kroll said...

The photos look great Briana. :) I love the one with Joey and the flower. You are looking great girl, are you ready to have the new baby?

Meghan said...

Great photos girly!
You look fabulous.
I look like a whale. LOL

Michelle Bradshaw said...

BRIANA!!! Girl, you look fantastic! I haven't stopped by your blog in a while, but I'm so glad to see some great pictures of you, Joey & Joe! You guys are all so adorable! LOL with Joey & the frogs! TOO CUTE!!!

Michelle

Tom & Judy said...

Found your site on a Google search looking for info on being 30 weeks pregnant...congrats on your pregnancy! I'm almost 30 weeks along - due on September 20th with a baby boy...our first child :)

Best of luck to you! You look like a really dynamic and fun person!