Wednesday, June 14, 2006

28 weeks, and counting....10 weeks left!!

28 weeks and counting - that's 10 more weeks (38 weeks c-section). Can you believe it? I'm getting BIG now! Whew! No big changes this week from last week. Still some pelvic pain but not too bad. It's starting to hurt if I stand to long. My stomach has pains in it that make me sit down. The doctor said that was normal. This Monday June 12th I had the glucose tolerance test and passed with flying colors and got the Rhogam shot. I'm a negative blood type so I get the shot every time I'm pregnant. The doctor said I'm also measuring right on target at 28 weeks.

I feel like this kid is sucking out my brain power. I do really dumb things. Like I write checks out with the amount on the to field. I go to McDonalds and order the wrong thing and don't realize it until I'm down the road. I dropped my pop eating out today. I don't feel 'all there' in the head and I'm usually pretty sharp with things. I guess it's said to be proven that pregnant women are more scatterbrained and I swear it's true!

Hopefully this weekend we'll getthe crib setup, the bouncer and swing!

Oh and the part of using the bathroom often (see below) - yep. That's happened. I get up about 2 times a night, and multiple times all day long at work and home. I'm sooo sore when I need to get up. My pelvic pain is the worst at night and it takes a lot for me to sit up to get moving. I also have to sit up and flop over to turn over sides at night. Don't laugh. It's normal. I did this with Joey too and HATED it! You have no choice really. You can't sleep on your back because it can hurt the baby so you usually turn from side to side at night. My ankles are also starting to swell now. I have to really watch really salty foods or they can look like cankles (haha).

28 Weeks

Your baby is almost 13 inches in length (crown-to-rump) and weighs almost 2½ pounds. Your baby already appears a lot like he or she will look at birth, although the skin is still fairly wrinkled caused by the constant immersion in amniotic fluid and small amount of fat underneath the skin. Your baby is capable of opening and closing his or her eyes and has fully-formed eyelashes to bat now. Your baby is growing physically stronger and his or her movements and grip are becoming stronger as well, due to your baby’s improving muscle tone. There’s still quite a bit of room in your womb and enough amniotic fluid to allow your baby to move freely. Response to sound grows more consistent and improves, as the network of nerves to your baby’s ears are complete.

Your enlarging uterus is 3- 3½ inches above your belly button and you may have gained between 17-24 pounds. You are now officially entering your third trimester, not long until your baby will be born! In the last three months, your belly will grow very large and you’ll feel more and more pressure on your bladder, causing you to urinate often, once again. It’s still as important as ever for you to drink lots of fluids anyway, at least 6-8 glasses of water each day. From now on, you may start to feel a little more uncomfortable and start to put on weight more quickly, but continue to eat well and get adequate amounts of relaxation and sleep.


Nancyroo said...

You look great!

~Denise aka NYNative said...

awww you look so great! This was my first visit to your blog... it's so pretty!!!! I LOVE IT!

kristi sauer said...

Looking great! Hopefully those last 10 weeks will fly by!

Meghan said...

Chicky! You just described my days & nights. Although I had contractions last night b/c I was moving so fast. Today I went to the store & had to sit in Starbucks to recoop from the walk from the parking lot to the produce section! My pelvic goodness, I feel like I got hit with a baseball bat downt here. Wanna talk swelling? Just call me HAM HOCKS! The good thing about all this??? We are both going to have little baby boys, so close in age. Ya know, realistically we could have them on the same day! When are you leaving on maternity? I am shooting for July 29th.

A day with Enid and things she LOVE said...

Awww Briana you look Awsome girl!!! I know 10 more weeks I still have 12 more to go!!

Deanna Kroll said...

You look AWESOME Briana! Look at that cute preggo belly. :D