Saturday, March 4, 2006

Yes, the weekend!!

Boy was today busy. I think we went to Lowe's 3 times (4 by the end of the night) and Home Depot once to get all the pieces we needed to finish our last closet. In addition - we asked my brother to come out and cut the pieces of wood we had. We don't have a circular saw to do it and they were 8 feet long and we needed them to be 6 foot. My dear brother came over and did that for us.

In addition, after doing all of that, we dropped some stuff off at the Salvation Army that we no longer needed and I found out that the Salvation Army that I love to shop at is moving down the street to a HUGE warehouse. I'm so excited. They are expanding and going to a nicer building! Yay!!

After all of this we went about 15 miles away to drop off my mini-van at the dealer for some maintenance. On Friday it was driving weird and then when I got to work and stopped in the parking lot and put it in park, the engine started to rev up and down on it's own over and over. Yeah, not good. We decided it was finally time to take it in to get maintenanced. It may need new brakes but we never had maintenance done on it and we bought it at 30,000 some miles and now it has a little over 80,000, so it's due! I just hope it doesn't cost too much.

Hmmm, other than that our closet is starting to go up. I'm totally excited because I can finally start to clean our house!!! YAY!! This is a GOOD thing!

I guess that's all for now. I will post a bit more later. Tomorrow night I'll be at mom's house eating ribs. Maybe if a get a moment I'll update my blog with some photos that she has on her camera! I guess we'll see.


Carolyn F said...

Sounds like you are really getting the house in order!

Alexandra Wieckowski said...

You can sure find some good deals on used furniture etc at the Salvation Army. On Trading Spaces they always find old furniture to re-do and it always turns out great!