Saturday, September 24, 2005

It's been awhile

Put it this way, I've been burning the candle at both ends and it ended up with me going to bed at 8:30 on Friday. NOT normal for me at all.

Just seems like there is a lot to do lately. Thursday I weighed in at WW and gained 3 lbs. I felt awful about it and am still sad about it. Yet, am I eating better - no. What the hell is wrong with me? I need to go buy better foods to keep in this house.

Today is Saturday. We got up and went to the Chiropractor and post office this morning. Then we came home and I became cleanzilla and was going nuts cleaning. The house was a mess from this week. I was so tired I couldn't even clean.

I can tell you why I was tired. Tuesday night - our favorite show Nip/Tuck on FX started back up. It went from 10:00 - 11:30. SO I went to bed late then. Keep in mind I normally get up at 5:15.

Wednesday was an easy day at work. We had a team outing at a park. I took 130 photos for our work bulletin board, and I also played baseball catch with the boys. They were very impressed a girl had that good aim and could throw that hard. People kept asking if I played for a team. I told them, yes, I played when I was 6 in tee ball. No really, I never did. They didn't believe me. Really, I could throw straight when I met Joe. He taught me all I knew. SO I felt good about that. I got a great workout and was sore for two days after.

On Wednesday night I got sucked into another show - Next top model. Ok, did I need to watch it? No...but I did. And I don't watch tv. Well at least I got stuff done during commericals. Augh! Then after that I had to download the photos from that day's team picnic at work so I could print them out for the bulletin board the next day. I was up until 11:30 again.

Thursday rolls around. I get up in the morning and notice that the lights above my sink don't work. That pissed me off something awful. I LOVE those lights. They light up the space above my sink which is normally dark - and NOW THEY DON'T WORK!!! SOOOO I've begged my brother, when he gets a moment, to please please please come fix them. I will pay him what he wants, I just want work lights again!

Thursday night I go to WW. Dropped Joey off at my mom's house and went to WW. Gained 3 lbs. Boy - I was bummed. I drove home in a monsoon, well not quite but it rained so hard I couldn't see in front of me, then got to my parent's house and they were out of power for a little while. Dad finished the cat tree for my cats (see the cool cat tree above and the photo of Alex in it take in natural lighting) and had to load that into my car. The cats love their new cat tree! ER was on from 10 - 11 so another late night.

SO finally Friday rolls around. I come home after work and Joe is out with work - they also had a team outing this week - to go golfing. SO he calls at 6 saying he's going out to dinner. I'm here seriously almost falling asleep. I told him I was so tired I'm going to bed when he gets home. So anyway I took these photos of Joey on Friday. There was one of him on the couch that I loved. He sits there now to watch tv. There is another two of him playing with his toys and cars with a cool ramp. The others are from when we went outside. The pictures on him on the porch are beautiful because the lighting from late day was great. One he is looking up at the sky, the other he is saying bye-bye to someone, probably a car going down the street.

Joe got home, we fed Joey, and then I went to bed at 8:30 and slept until 7:30 the next morning. It was great. Today was a cool day for Joey though - he went to go outside and needed help down the step and said 'help' and put out his hand. That's new for him. Usually he just puts out his hand. Then he saw a bulldozer and said bulldozer :)

Earlier this week I posted our old working washing machine on freecycle and someone came and picked it up today. Today I posted a storm door and someone came to get that too. I love freecycle!

We went over to my brother's new house today. It's very nice. It's in the country and I'm so jealous! Made Joe and I realize we really want to live in the country for our next house. Afterwards we had dinner at my mother's house.

So right now Joe's watching a movie with my dad and I'm blogging. I don't like movies too much. I'd rather play on the internet :)


Deanna Kroll said...

Wow, you've had a busy week Briana! Guess both of our little guys are growing up! Good for you Joey for saying "Help". I can't wait to hear some of those words come out like that from Gavin. Glad to see you finally got some sleep girl! And don't worry about the 3lbs, you still look great and you've come so far!!!!

Carolyn F said...

I love ANTM! I used to have a cat tree like that, but I don't have cats right now. Man, you stay busy lady!

Melissa said...

Glad to see you updated! :o) Sorry to hear you have been so busy and tired. Cute pics of Joey!